Preliminary examination dates: 12th, 13th, 19th and 20th Oct 2018
Main examinationn: 30th Nov 2018
RIMC Entrance Exam June 2019 for the Term Commencing January 2020
RIMC Dehradun Entrance Exam June 2019 - Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC), Hyderabad, Rashtriya Indian Military College has issued notification for the Entrance for admission to VIII Class in the R.I.M.C. Dehradun for the Term January 2020
The Exam will be held on 01st June 2019 (Saturday) and 02nd June 2019 (Sunday) at Hyderabad. Only Boys are eligible to apply to the Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC).
RIMC (Rashtriya Institute Military College), Dehradun
- The Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Services Institution and a Category-A established of the Ministry of Defence. The college was established in 1922 with the primary aim of preparing the boys for entry into Defence Services and to provide quality all round education to young boys.
RIMC Entrance Exam June 2019 Important Dates
- Vacancies for January 2020 Term, in all respects will be filled by 30th January 2020
- Last Date for Receiving the Application Form: 31st March 2019
- The Written Part of the Exam
For Mathematics: 01st June 2019 (Saturday)
For General Knowledge Paper: 02nd June 2019 (Sunday)
- Interview : 04th October 2019 (Friday)
Eligibility Criteria for RIMC Dehradun Class VIII Admission
- Candidates (boys only) appearing for the above test should be less than 11½ years in age but should not have attained the age of 13 Years as on 01st January 2020, i.e., they should have been born not earlier than 02nd July 2007 and not later than 01st July 2008.
- Candidates should either be studying in Class VII or Passed Class VII from any recognized school at the time of admission to the RIMC, i.e., on 01st January 2020.
RIMC Entrance Exam SchemeThe examination comprises of:
- Written Examination: The written part of the examination will consist of three papers, namely, English (10:00-12:00 hrs) and Mathematics (14:00-15:30 hrs) shall be conducted on 01st June 2019 (Saturday) and General Knowledge paper (10:00-11:00 hrs) on 02nd June 2019 (Sunday). Minimum pass marks in each paper is 50%.
- Viva Voce: The Interview date shall be 04th October 2019 (Friday), and interview will be held for only those candidates who qualify in the written exam, Minimum pass marks in the interview is 50% and the date, venue for interview will be intimated to them by first week of September 2019. Intelligence and personality of the candidates will be tested in the interview.
- Medical Exam: All the candidates qualified after interview will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC. The medical examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not imply the final selection.
- The interview will be held for only those candidates who pass the written exam; their list will be sent to their Respective State Government by RIMC after approval of MT Directorate.
- The Examination for the children of Telangana State will be conducted at Hyderabad only.
- A fee at RIMC is heavily subsidized by the Central Government. The fee is at present Rs.42400/- per year. It may increase from time to time. At the time of entry a Security Deposit of Rs.20000/- is to be made. This is refunded when the boy passes out.
- Scholarships are granted by various State Governments to meritorious students. The amount of scholarships varies from state to state and is in between Rs.10000/- to Rs.20000/- per annum.
- Continuation of Scholarship once granted by the state is subject to merit, income and discipline of the cadet and his performance during the year.
RIMC Entrance Exam June 2019 Application Procedure
- The prospectus-cum-application form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained ONLY DIRECTLY from "The Rastriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248003" through speed post by forwarding Self addressed slip and an amount payee bank draft of Rs.600/- for General Candidates and Rs.555/- for SC/ST candidates along with Caste Certificate.
- The demand draft will be made in favor of ‘’The Commandant RIMC Dehradun’’, Drawee Branch, State Bank of India, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun, (Bank Code-01576), Uttarakhand.
- Demand Drafts payable at other branches will not be accepted. The address should be TYPED / WRITTEN CLEARLY IN CAPITAL LETTERS with pin code and contact number. The delay on part of postal department is not the responsibility of this institution.
- The application forms issued by RIMC only shall be valid. Locally printed / Photocopied and without RIMC hologram (Seal) forms shall not be accepted. No refund of the application fee will be made on any condition.
- For Application, eligibility and other details visit https://tspsc.gov.in/RIMC/RIMC-NOTIFN-012019.pdf