Preliminary examination dates: 12th, 13th, 19th and 20th Oct 2018
Main examinationn: 30th Nov 2018
NICL AO 2019
NICL AO 2019 notification for Officer Scale I cadre post will be released soon. National Insurance Company Limited will soon release the NICL AO 2019 recruitment notification. In 2017 the notification was released in March for a total of 1434 vacancies.
- The online application link will be activated after 2 days of the release of notification.
- To apply online, candidates are advised to visit the official website of NICL.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo a probation period of 1 year.
- Along with the probation period, there is a guarantee bond to be served a minimum of 4 years including probation period.
- Once the 2019 notification is publicly announced on the official website, we will notify you instantly.
About NICL AO Exam
- NICL is a state-owned general insurance company, conducts the exam for the post of Administrative Officer.
- NICL was established in 1906 but was nationalised in 1972. It's headquarters are in Kolkata.
- Candidates those who are selected after the final interview round, get to work as an Officers in Scale I cadre in NICL.
NICL AO 2019: Important Datesh
Starting Date of NICL AO 2019 online application
Last date to apply online
Downloading of call letters commences from
10 days prior to the exam
NICL AO Prelims Exam Date
NICL AO 2019 Result Date
20-25 days after the exam
NICL AO Mains Exam Date
The vacancies of NICL AO 2019 is not released yet, we've shared last year vacancy details below to give you a reference of the number of vacancies released yearly under NICL for the post of administrative officer (AO) -
NICL AO Vacancies
Vacancies (Out of Total)
The eligibility criteria for NICL AO recruitment 2019 is described below:
- Must be a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a citizen who has a residential certificate provided by the Indian government.
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 21 years and,
- The maximum age must be more than 30 years.
- As per the government rules, there is age relaxation in the upper age limit for the following categories.
|EXSM/Persons domiciled in Kashmir||5 years|
|Defence service personnel disabled in operation during the hostilities||3 years|
|Existing confirmed employees of public sector insurance companies||8 years|
- Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university OR any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
- General/OBC category candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation, while minimum marks for SC/ST is 55%.
NICL AO Online Application Form
- Visit the official website of NICL i.e. nationalinsuranceindia.com.
- Go to the recruitment section on the home page.
- Click on the recruitment link of NICL AO 2019 exam.
- To register your application, click on the tab "Click here for New Registration".
- Now fill up the details as per your official documents & click on the save & next button.
- Now, Upload your scanned photograph & signature image as per the mentioned dimensions.
- Click on the preview button to verify the details of the application form.
- At last, pay the application fee via Debit/Credit Card/Wallet/Net Banking etc.
- Take a print out of the e-receipt for future use.
Dimensions for Photograph Image 20KB-50KB Dimensions for Signature Image 10KB-20KB
|Dimensions for Photograph Image||20KB-50KB|
|Dimensions for Signature Image||10KB-20KB|
The application fee to be paid for different categories are different. Candidates are required to pay the application fee online and print the e-receipt generated after the submission of the application form. Below is the NICL AO application fee for various categories:
|1.||General||Rs.600 (Application fee including Intimation Charges)|
|2.||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100 (Intimation Charges Only)|
A candidate shall be required to qualify the following phases in order to get selected for NICL AO. You can check out the detailed selection procedure of NICL AO for more information.
- Phase I (Preliminary)
- Phase II (Main)
- Phase III (Interview)
- NICL AO admit card will be released separately for each phase of the examination.
- Candidates are required to download their respective admit cards & carry it to the examination hall.
- Admit Cards can be downloaded from the official website of NICL.
- Admit Card for NICL AO 2019 exam will be released 10 days prior to the date of the NICL AO exam.
- Download Gradeup app & we'll update you as soon as notification & admit card releases.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Directly go to the official website of NICL to download NICL 2019 admit card.
- Click on the link shown on the home screen for admit card.
- Enter your registration number & date of birth as the password.
- Now, click on the submit button.
- A new tab showing your NICL AO 2019 admit card will appear.
- Download 2 copies of your NICL AO admit card.
- One will be required at the time of examination & one for future use.
Documents to be carried along into the examination hall
Candidates those who will be going to appear for the 2019 NICL AO Exam, are required to take the following documents along in order to appear in the examination. Entry to the examination will be barred, in case the candidate fails to produce any of the following documents:
- Copy of NICL AO admit card
- Original ID Proof (Aadhar ID Card, Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, PAN card, Passport etc.)
- Photocopy of the same ID Proof
- One recent colored passport size photograph.
- The exam centres will be shared through the respective call letters.
- No request for the change of the examination centre will be entertained.
- The authority reserves the rights to change the examination centre or add some centres.
- Candidates appearing for the examination have to bear the risk and expenses for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- The authority currently has allotted 83 centres for the prelims phase & 11 centres for the mains across the country.
An Administrative Officer in NICL has to perform a variety of work. However, the majority of the work involves,
- Claim Settlements
- Risk Assessment
- Supervision of Assistants work
- Verify the risk proposals etc.
For more information check out complete details Job Profile of NICL Administrative Officer (AO).
Salary and Perks
- The NICL AO are recruited in the pay scale of ₹ 32795-1610 (14)-55335-1745 (4)-62315.
- A newly recruited AO will have a basic pay of ₹32795/- & after one year, he/she will get an increment of ₹ 1610.
- Apart from this, the AO is entitled to several other benefits such as DA, HRA, Medical, Travelling allowance & much more.
- To get further details, take a look at Salary Structure, Perks & Allowances of NICL Administrative Officer (AO).
NICL AO Preliminary Exam Pattern is shared below, for further analysis of examination type, you can take a look at the NICL AO Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
Name of Test
No. of Questions
60 minutes (1 hour)
NICL AO Mains Exam Pattern:
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Total||200 questions||200 marks|
|English Language (Essay, Precis, and Comprehension)||3||30||30 mins. (1/2 an hour)|
NICL AO Prelims 2017 Cut Off (Section-Wise)
|SC, ST, OBC, HI, OC, VI||6.00||10.25||6.25|
NICL AO Mains 2017 Cut Off (Category-Wise)
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
- Candidates appearing for NICL AO for the first time need a proper direction to prepare for NICL AO exam 2019.
- A good direction will help you to improve your accuracy & score more marks in the exam.
- A good score will not only confirm your selection for the next phase, instead increases your chances of grabbing a seat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques. Will there be NICL AO in 2019?
Ques. Will there be NICL AO in 2019?
Ans. Yes, it is expected that NICL exam will be conducted in 2019.
Ques. What is the maximum age limit to apply for NICL AO 2019 Exam?
Ans. It is 30 years for general category.
Ques. Is NICL AO exam difficult?
Ans. Yes, you can expect the difficulty level to be a little higher as it is an officer level exam.
Ques. Is NICL AO a government job?
Ans. Yes, NICL is owned by the government of India.
Ques. What is the salary of an AO in NICL?
Ans. The newly joined administrative officer is entitled to receive a basic pay of ₹32795/-.
Ques. Is there any percentage criteria in NICL?
Ans. Yes, minimum 60% marks are required in graduation to participate for NICL AO exam.
Ques. What is the full form of AO?
Ans. AO stands for administrative officer.
Ques. What are the steps of the selection process?
Ans. The selection of NICL AO exam will take place in three different stages, which are as follows:
Ques. From where can I apply for NICL AO 2019 Exam?
Ans. You can apply through the official website of NICL, once the link is activated.
Ques. How is the exam centres allotted for NICL AO exam?
Ans. Exam centres are allotted by the authority.
For exam related queries you take a look at the NICL AO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). It will help you fetch information like vacancy details, eligibility, and much more.