A candidate must be a citizen of India in or citizens of Nepal or subjects of Bhutan, persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Myanmar or Sri Lanka with the intention of permanently settling in India or in whose favour Eligibility Certificates have been issued by Government of India.
Between 21 and 30 years.
- For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank / Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years.
- For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned. Refer item 8 below for relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Three years in the case of OBC candidates if the posts are reserved for them.
Five years in the case of:
i) SC/ST candidates if the posts are reserved for them
ii) Ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange,
iii) Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers) provided applicants have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability or have been released on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment,
iv) Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment, v) Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.
For Person With Disability:
10 years for PWD (GEN);
13 years for PWD (OBC)
15 years for PWD (SC/ST).
NOTE: Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview.
Educational Qualifications :
A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations. The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s Degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years.
(1) Some Universities/Institutes/Boards do not award Class or percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points (e.g. CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.). In case University/Institute/Board defines criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into percentage of marks, the same will be accepted. However, where the University/ Institute/ Board does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into percentage of marks, in the degree/passing certificates, the undefined parameter(s) would be worked out as under:
|Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale||Aggregate Percentage of Marks|
(2) Aggregate Grade Point or percentage of marks where awarded would mean aggregate over the entire duration of the course.
(3) Where the Aggregate Grade Point (CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.) is awarded out of a number other than 10, it will be normalized out of 10 and computed as per item (1) above.
Number of attempts:
Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who had already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.
APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGES: (Non Refundable)
|Sr. No.||Category||Charges||Amount *|
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Intimation Charges only||Rs.100/-|
|2.||GEN/OBC||App. Fee including intimation charges||Rs.850/-|
* Bank/Transaction charges are to be borne by the candidate.
@ Fee/Intimation charges waiver is only for those employees of RBI (Staff Candidates) who satisfy the eligibility criteria separately stipulated by the Bank
Fee / Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account. Fees are required to be paid only in the manner prescribed in the official advertisement.